Life In Fuschia...

~*Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King Jr.*~

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Everything Is The Will Of God These Days...

Somehow none of the bullshit people tell me, or any of the reasons they try to make me understand seem to justify the taking of life. I find it especially interesting when the "God fearin' folk" try to convince me it's for the betterment of the world, since I thought God preached of the value of life. Somehow I have a hard time accepting that a loving God would only teach us of loving human life, and specify the rest of life as unimportant. Why would a loving God give life to animals if they were destined from the beginning to suffer at our hands? I don't remember any religious text approving the suffering and torture of any form of life for profit. God did not tell us to profit from the taking of life. Yet the supposed followers of a higher power are telling me that life (life given by a higher power) is THEIR'S to take away. I don't get people, they just interpret religious text however they please, to explain away their sins and wrongs. Killing animals is supposedly alright because religious text (written and changed over time by man) tells us it is alright. I just have a hard time believing that a loving God would allow the suffering of any life. The sad thing is, it makes no difference to most people if it's wrong. In the end people would just rather live a life of self-satisfaction and self-indulgences, and call it the will of God. Religious text also bothers me. Any religious text has been written by man, although may as it be the "word" of a higher power. Man will write everything within the context of his own beliefs. Everyone has their own way of thinking, and I know if I was to write a religious "book" I would write it as I interpreted the word of God to be. I don't understand organized religion, it's man made. God never said organize yourselves in groups and worship me in my many houses. Why must the worship of God take place in a building built by man? If there is truly a deep-rooted belief in a higher power, and there is a relationship tying man to it, than why can the worship not take place in any location? If there is a place of worship in someone's heart, as many followers of religion explain, than why must there be a physical location of worship designated by people for each other? And then you are condemned for not conforming to their ideals of regular church attendance and worship. I just see religion as such a pressure to conform to one rigid set of beliefs and adopt those beliefs as your own, excluding all others. I just think a true following is when you follow what you believe, and don't refuse ideas just because they are not part of your designated religion. Religion is such a hoax to me, it's man conning man into conformity under organized sets of ideals picked by a superior at one time. And God is not the superior in the case of religion, because there are so many religions that teach different things that the discrepencies come from different ideals set by different people. It's weird to me, and I don't understand people's need to flock into religious conformity and label themselves as belonging in religion with others...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home