Life In Fuschia...

~*Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King Jr.*~

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tiny Hands...

So I was really tired today at work and I volunteered myself for the baby room. One of our babies is named Kyrsten, she is one years old, and just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I was rocking in the rocking chair as I held her in my arms and she drifted off to sleep. She slept for TWO HOURS. Naptime started but I didn't want to wake her up to take her to the nap room, so I just held her in my arms as she slept. I stared at her the whole time, and a special feeling came over me. I thought a lot as I sat in the rocking chair. It was so quiet. She was so small, and so innocent. It was peaceful and she felt fragile in my arms, like I had to hold her with more care than I've ever held anything before, or she'd brake. She was beautiful, she reminded me why I became a teacher, and why I want to someday be a mother. She reminded me why we have to fight to change the world, as little or as small as the changes might be, she deserves a better world. When she finally woke up, she just looked at me and I asked her to give me five. She just held her hand up in front of her and I put my hand up against hers. Her hands were so small, so soft and tiny, they were the hands that reminded me that we all have an obligation in life to make the world a better place for our kids...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home