Life In Fuschia...

~*Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King Jr.*~

Friday, September 22, 2006

Dominion...

I went to work today and got naptime duty, so I decided to start reading Dominion by Matthew Scully, which I've been meaning to start for awhile but have been too busy. I got through the first few pages and knew it was going to be an impactful read. The first few pages just captured me, it was like someone took all my feelings and thoughts and contemplations about animals and wrote a book. I couldn't put it down, and I was emotional within the first chapter. It really makes you think and makes you feel, and makes you examine the state of humanity and the way we are treating animals.

"Matthew Scully blends philosophy and reportage in considering the various inhumane ways people treat animals. Finding ample evidence in pig factories and artificial wildlife safaris, Dominion calls on humans to reconsider their relationship with the animal kingdom, noting sadly that when we can no longer recognize cruelty in one form, it may mutate and afflict others." (Not my quote)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home