Life In Fuschia...

~*Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King Jr.*~

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It Was a Saturday, and Now I Know It Like I Know My Name.

Unlaid pieces in my chest are stirring.
Some are missing, some are broken.
Most are thoughts that will never be spoken.
Letting it go, watching it float away.
And it's in your eyes.
You've said goodbye.
It was Saturday.
And now I know it like I know my name.
And if it's all the same, I don't like this game.
I feel far away.
Like hope was lost long ago, not just today.
You spoke of love like you knew what it was to feel it.
I must build another wall to be safe from you.
You are the one who breaks the promises.
You choose your distances, so just walk.
Walk away, always just walk away.
Stay silent, and be busy in your days.
Maybe you'll forget we were ever there.
All this time searching for the reason, I was writing rhymes to keep me ok.
But you had the answers all along, and I didn't want to be broken.
Answers turn people into pieces, I didn't want to be broken.
Looked for a friend and found that October nights can be the coldest.
I can cry and I can lie.
Smile until my cheeks are dry.
The place I want to run doesn't exist inside you anymore.
It's never an ending, it's an ugly transition into winter.
When the familiar starts to freeze away, wrapping up in a blanket is all I can do.
I learned it on a Saturday.
And now I know it like I know my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home